SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE “THE SILK ROAD”
The Confucius Institute at “St. Kliment Ohridski” University of Sofia is honored to invite you to participate in THE SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE “THE SILK ROAD”, which is to be held on June 2 – 3, 2023 in Sofia.
THE SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE “THE SILK ROAD” is named after the famous ancient trans-continental route, connecting Asia, Northeast Africa and Europe, that has become a symbol of the wide range cross-cultural exchange between China and the rest of the world. The conference is aimed at bringing together sinologists, orientalists and other specialists, involved in different aspects of Chinese studies, to share new concepts and ideas, and discuss issues related to various fields of sinological research on the following main panels:
- Chinese language and literature– traditions, modernity, education, and perspectives.
- Linguistic research on Chinese and Bulgarian– Current trends of Chinese studies in Bulgaria and Bulgarian studies in China.
- The spiritual tradition, philosophy and culture of China– development, influences and interactions.
- The Silk Road as a link between civilizations– history, archaeology, routes for exchange of material and spiritual values and achievements, economic, social and cultural processes.
- Contemporary China and the world– social-economic dynamics, domestic policies and international relations, trends, ideas and development perspectives.
- Historical and cultural heritage of China, cultural exchange and tourism.
- Chinese traditional and contemporary art– features, influences and perspectives.
Bulgarian, English and Chinese.
A combination of online and offline conference.
Online conference platform: zoom conference platform
Offline conference address: Auditorium of the Confucius Institute in Sofia
The application form with an abstract (up to 300 words in English) of the paper is required to be submitted electronically by March 5, 2023 to
The full size papers in final version (up to 20,000 Cyrillic/Latin symbols, or 8,000 Chinese characters) in Bulgarian, English or Chinese should isto be send to the above e-mail address by June 30, 2023 in order to be included in the conference’s book of proceedings. We recommend that the full size papers in final version are written in English.
The organizers provide snacks and beverage for the two days of the conference. All other expenses (accommodation, travel expenses etc.) should be covered by the participants.
Looking forward to your participation and to a successful conference!