The Confucius Institute in Sofia is an educational and cultural center at the “St. Kliment Ohridski” University of Sofia, whose main activities are related to the teaching of Chinese language and expanding the knowledge of people from different countries about the Chinese language and culture, as well as development of friendly relations and expansion of the international exchange and cooperation between China and the countries around the world in the fields of education, science, culture, economy and other spheres.
The Confucius Institute in Sofia was established with the support of the Chinese National Office for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (Hanban) as a partner organization between the Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” and the Beijing Foreign Studies University, and it is part of the global network of over 400 Chinese educational institutions worldwide.
Main activities of the Confucius Institute – Sofia:
• Development and conduction of Chinese language courses, lectures on Chinese culture, seminars and other scientific events that address the needs of different target groups;
• Conduction of the Standard Chinese Language Proficiency Test HSK;
• Providing information, literature, textbooks and facilities to support the learning of Chinese language in Bulgaria;
• Organization of traditional cultural festivals and other events, which represent the authentic Chinese culture;
• Development of educational materials for teaching and learning Chinese language and culture in non-Chinese environment;
• Conduction of scientific research, holding of conferences, development of programs and other scientific projects related to the Chinese language and culture;
• Providing consultations and assistance regarding the study opportunities in China through the Confucius Institute scholarships;
CALENDAR OF UPCOMING EVENTS